Tuesday 9 August 2016

Can Diabetics ever be off Insulin?




Living in the diabetic capital of the world, we are all aware of the use of insulin in treating diabetes. Be it in the form of injections, a pen or even through a pump, we know that most people with diabetes need to religiously take their required dosage on time to maintain good health. Now a majority of us only consider insulin treatment for Type 1 diabetes, did you know that even people with Type 2 diabetes may be put on insulin? This may come as a shock for many especially as the belief is that once you are on insulin you are permanently dependent on it. Is this true? Or is it possible for people on insulin to go back to oral medication? Let’s take a look:
Understanding insulin
Insulin is basically a hormone released by the pancreas which helps convert the glucose from our food to energy. However, when this hormone is not produced adequately or used in the right way, it can lead to diabetes. This is because the sugar levels in the blood are not converted into energy. In Type 1 diabetes, the body produces little or no insulin requiring insulin to be taken externally. In Type 2 diabetes, though the body is able to produce the insulin but not process it correctly leading to insulin resistance.
Can I ever stop using insulin?
Type 1 Diabetes : In people with Type 1 diabetes, the pancreas generally produces little or no insulin at all. This leads to very high blood sugar levels which can further damage the pancreas. To keep these levels in check, Type 1 diabetics are insulin dependent on a permanent basis. However, a healthy meal plan and exercise regime can help maintain normal sugar levels and keep the requirement of insulin at a low dosage.
Type 2 Diabetes : Good news for all those stressing about insulin for Type 2 diabetes, you can stop it permanently with a healthy lifestyle! There are certain instances which require Type 2 diabetics to take insulin. These include:
  • Obesity : Obesity is a major danger sign for people with diabetes. Excess weight gain affects the body’s ability to regulate insulin further worsening blood sugar levels. Obesity also impacts all major organs over time including pancreas further affecting insulin production. In such situations, a person may be put on insulin if oral medication is unable to regulate glucose levels. However, bringing the weight down to a healthy range with regular exercise and a healthy diet can eliminate need for insulin over time.
  • Infection or health conditions : Procedures like surgery or illnesses such as infections, high fever, certain medicines etc. can raise glucose levels significantly requiring additional insulin. To control and manage the situation a person may be put on insulin till the underlying condition is treated. However, once the illness is dealt with and sugar levels are stable in the target range, insulin can be stopped.
  • Late diagnosis : High glucose levels left untreated can cause severe harm to the pancreas. This worsens its ability to produce insulin further increasing glucose levels. Here the doctor may advise insulin as a temporary solution to bring down glucose levels and then manage it with oral medication. This is also why an early diagnosis via regular testing is essential!
  • Gestational diabetes : During pregnancy some women may experience high blood sugar levels. At the time, doctors are likely to suggest insulin to curb these levels and protect the health of mother and child. After completing the pregnancy term, the blood sugar levels should return to normal eliminating the need for insulin.

So we see that as long as our pancreas is able to produce sufficient insulin levels, we don’t need it from external sources on a permanent basis. A healthy diet and lifestyle with a regular exercise regime is a must for healthy insulin levels and to delay or even prevent diabetes. So, if you are on insulin currently talk to your doctor for advice on steps to eliminate it by naturally improving insulin levels.
For Full Care of Diabetes,
Call 1800 3000 1893


2 comments:

  1. My name is paul vivian i am from USA.I can’t believe my diabetes is really cured with the
    help of DR Amadu, this year February I start feeling bad about my life, I feel pain everyday of my
    life am very happy now that am really cured I couldn't have do this on my own I wish is not God
    that help me with my helper I was searching the internet about this sickness last month when I
    found about great doctor called DR Amadu, the man that keep his words I write the man an email
    about my problem immediately I get a reply from him asking me to fill a form which I
    immediately did and send back to him after some minute he reply me that he have work on my
    cure that I need to provide some items, which can enable him to work on my cure which I did on
    the next 4 day of it, after some hours he inform me that he have getting the things needed for
    the cure and he is about to prepare the herbal medicine for me. he called me again after 7 hour
    that he is done with the preparation. that i should send him my address that he want to send the
    herbal medication to me via DHL,UPS OR FED EX. after few day ups deliver the herbal medicine
    to me he told me to use it for 8 days which i did. after using it i found out that my diabetes
    are gone. and also go for test I cant believe I was negative a big thanks to him, am very happy
    now with my family you can also get your self cured too from this sickness by contact him
    through dramaduherbalhome@gmail.com also call or whatsApp him with this number +2349052645237.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is RENNA JONES a single mum from the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA (TEXAS ) i never thought i will see today if not the help of Dr. Aluda i was pregnant for over 2yrs and some months the doctor told me i have HIV aids and that the baby was affected also and also i have cancer the doctor also was about going to performe surgery on my left breast i was so fruastrated i thought of killing my self then i ran into an old college friend of mine then i narated my story to her she burst into tears and confrot me then she told me that there was these great man who would give me herbs and root and myself and the baby will be alright as good, and she told me that it will only cost me some funds to get the herbs from Dr LOSA, money was never the problem i never thought of it but i said to myself i will be heal i cotacted him at once after some process i got the herbs he told me how to use it daily and am going to use the herbs for just 1months and after that 1months i should go for check up in the hospital i followed instructions very carfully and could you believe me it has not gotten to 1months and behold i was back again please another year is coming you should not let ailment follow you to next year contact doctor losa on (dr.losaherbalhome@gmail.com ) he is ever ready and happy to render you service.
    contact him at....(dr.losaherbalhome@gmail.com OR YOU CAN CALL OR WHATSAPP HIM +2349050141109)
    stay bless
    RENNA JONES.
    special on cureing

    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS
    5. HEPATITIS B
    6. DIABETES
    7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)
    8. ALZHEIMER
    9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or Lupus Erythematosus)

    ReplyDelete